Duration: 2 days | Delivery: Face-to-face# | Course Fee: $1,680 + GST
# Bring your own laptop (or hire one)
Business Intelligence has become an integral part of many organisations in this data-driven age. Investing in data analytics and business intelligence can help organisations increase effective decision making and help businesses obtain competitive advantages in the marketplace.
In this Mastering Business Intelligence course you will gain a greater understanding on how to use data analytics and business intelligence as a means to deliver on organisation’s strategic imperatives.
This Mastering Business Intelligence course is suitable for:
- Business Intelligence Analysts and Business Data Analysts who are looking for better ways to understand and visualise data and make data prediction.
- Professionals who need to work with and understand data within the context of their organisation
- Business professionals who work with Data Analysts and would like further clarity on data analytics concepts
- New Business Intelligence Analysts and Business Data Analysts who attended the Data Analytics & Business Intelligence course and would like to further progress their learning.
In this Mastering Business Intelligence course you will learn:
- Identifying and researching Business Intelligence problems
- Transaction Processing
- Data Warehouse
- Data Visualisation
- Business Intelligence Tools
- Interpreting and reporting results
- Using Business Intelligence to influence organisational strategies and decision making
Module 1 – Overview
- The Road to Business Intelligence and Data Analytics
- Transaction Processing, Data Warehousing, Data Analytics and Business Intelligence.
Module 2 – Organisational Needs for Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Information and Data needs within an organisation
- The role of the data warehouse
Module 3 – Data Analytics and Business Intelligence Building Blocks
- Components of the data warehouse
- Features of a data warehouse – Data, Information and Knowledge
- Source data, data staging, data storage, information delivery, metadata, data management and control
Module 4 – Trends in Data Warehouse
- Visualisation of information – text, numerical arrays, spreadsheets, charts, graphs, etc.
- Visualisation of data – structured and unstructured, documents, images, audio and video.
Module 5 – Data Analytics and Business Intelligence Tools
Module 6 – Defining Business Intelligence Requirements
- Understanding the business dimensions
- Gathering business requirements
Module 7 – Planning Business Intelligence Solutions
- Business case and solution planning
- Development phases in developing Business Intelligence solutions
Module 8 – Using Business Intelligence to Influence Organisational Strategies
- Evaluation Business Intelligence solutions
- Critical Success Factors in implementing Business Intelligence solutions
Module 9 – Matching Users with Data
- Understanding users and BI tools
- Dashboards and scorecards
Module 10 – Understanding Management and Business Perspectives
- Understanding the organisation’s long-term needs
- Managing data asset of the organisation
COURSE DATES & BOOKINGS
We train professionals from these Australian organisations and more: