THE FUNDAMENTALS OF BUSINESS ANALYSIS FOR NEW BUSINESS ANALYSTS
Most new business analysts are graduates or come from operational roles – they need business analyst courses which give them a solid grounding in the fundamentals of business analysis and the confidence to use what they’ve learnt.
But on the job training is hard when you “don’t know what you don’t know” – and managers can’t afford to have them out of the office for extended periods.
Requirements Gathering & Specification
Investigating problems and identifying solutions (3 days)
Analysts will learn how to:
- Identify & scope business objectives
- Plan and conduct stakeholder interviews
- Write a project Terms of Reference
- Validate business requirements
- Separate requirements from solutions
- Present recommendations to stakeholders
- Document a Requirements Specification
Modelling current problems and future business processes (4 days)
- Model business processes
- Use DFDs, UML, BPMN
- Model business data using ERDs
- Apply data modelling to OOD
- Use event tables and event modelling
- Identify and document business rules
- Use metadata and data repositories
- Produce specifications for developers
With over 50% of the time spent on practical exercises, these are learn-by-doing business analyst courses. From conducting interviews and presenting recommendations through to modelling to-be systems and specifying business rules, attendees experience the pressure and pace of a real-world project.
Can’t decide which course is right for you? This video clip can help.
Senior Business Analyst, MLC (RGS)
Senior Business Analyst, Medicare (BA)
“Gave me an excellent overview of requirements gathering techniques. I particularly liked the way the instructor reflected the client’s perspective throughout the course”
Business Liaison Support Officer, Queensland Health (RGS)
“Experience & confidence gained by participants can already be seen”
Director, Dept. Veterans Affairs (BA)
“Both courses were a big help in implementing the system – just wished we’d done the courses earlier”
Functional Analyst Manager, RMIT (RGS & BA)