Duration: 2-days | Price: $1,680 + GST
This two-day Data Analytics & Business Intelligence course covers data analysis techniques which are effective for use in business intelligence. Make strides in your career by upskilling with one of the most in-demand skill sets, data analytics.
Organisations are now developing strategies to understand and analyse their data to present information to help executives, managers and end users to make informed business decisions.
In this course, we cover Data Analytics and Business Intelligence technologies and techniques used in the organisation to support a wide range of business decisions ranging from operational to strategic. Within this course, you will get the opportunity to use Tableau Desktop to access, develop, analyse and report on internal and external data sets.
A key component of this course is how an organisation can utilise the massive amounts of data that is now available to build an effective Business Intelligence and Data Analytics strategy. Therefore, we present how an organisation can transform the operational transactional system data and other data sources into a data warehouse (data mart) to produce an effective Business Intelligence and Data Analytics platform and strategy.
Background in programming, database or statistics is not required for this short course nor are there any prerequisites. This is a hands-on course run in a computer lab.
Course hours are 9am – 5pm and courses are run in the CBD of Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne and Sydney.
This Data Analytics course is suitable for:
- Business professionals who work with Data Analysts and would like further clarity on data analytics concepts
- New Data Analysts, Business Intelligence Analysts or Data Scientists who are looking for better ways to understand and visualise data and make data prediction
- People who are interested in Business Intelligence and Data Analytics but do not come from a technical background
- Professionals who need to work with and understand data within the context of their organisation
This Data Analytics and Business Intelligence course addresses the needs of professionals who want an overview of data analytics and business intelligence as well as developing usable skills applicable to the everyday work environment. Moreover, you will learn methods for manipulating and analysing data sets with modern tools (e.g.: Tableau Desktop), making it relevant to business professionals who want to use business intelligence to support informed business decisions.
This short course is an excellent introduction to data analytics and suitable for professionals interested in transitioning to the following roles:
- Analytics Manager
- Business Analyst
- Business Intelligence Specialist
- Computer System Analyst
- Data Analyst
- Data Scientist
- Information Analyst
- Information Manager / Information Officer
- Market Research Analyst
- Management Analyst
- Market Analyst
- Predictive Modeller
Business Intelligence comprises the strategies and technologies used by enterprises for the data analysis of business information to allow managers to make effective decisions. This is a hands-on course that covers Tableau Desktop as a tool to visualise information.
In this Data Analytics and Business Intelligence course you will learn:
- Understand how transaction processing data drives Business Intelligence solutions
- Recognise how Tableau can provide an information visualisation platform to your organisation
- Understand Data Modelling for Data Analytics and Business Intelligence solutions
- Understand the Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) process for a Data Warehouse
- Discern and develop data quality and data cleaning strategies
- Understand data architecture – data warehouses and data marts
- Interpret and develop Dimensional Modelling techniques and approaches
- Understand data visualisation techniques and approaches
- Understand Big Data
This is a practical short course that will walk you through real-world scenarios and get you practicing data cleaning and analysing during the course. Within the course, we cover the use of Tableau Desktop to provide a better understanding of how to effectively visualise the information within an organisation.
You will develop the skills to collect, use and transform data into information. This information can help you make strategic decisions whilst weighing risk in business and you will walk away with a diverse set of skills which can be applied to various business and technology problems.
The ability to work with data for organising, analysing and interpreting information will make you invaluable to government and businesses organisations in Australia. Above all, it is our aim to instill the confidence in your new skills to be able to immediately apply your knowledge in the workplace.
Module 1 – Overview
- The Road to Business Intelligence and Data Analytics
- Getting Started Using Tableau
Module 2 – Design of Transaction Processing Systems and Their Data
- Transactions, Database and Database Management System
- ACID Properties
Module 3 – Modelling for Business Intelligence and Data Analytics
- Conceptual and Logical Model
- ER (Entity Relationship) Modelling
Module 4 – Relational Model
- Simple Relational Model
- Physical Table Model
- Introduction to SQL
Module 5 – The Demand for Analytical Process
- Information Types, Levels, Formats and Granularity
- The Data Warehouse Approach and Architecture
- Multi-dimensional Data Models
Module 6 – Dimensional Modelling
- Facts, Dimensions and Hierarchies
- Star and Snowflake Schemas
- Summary Tables
- Aggregating Data using SQL
Module 7 – Dimension Dynamics
Module 8 – ETL (Extract, Transform and Load)
- The ETL Process and Cycle
- Data Validation
- Data Cleaning, Error Tracking, Data Quality Problems
- Data Auditing
- Data Publishing
Module 9 – Business Intelligence and Business Analytics
- Business Intelligence vs Business Analytics
- Software and Tools for BI / BA
Module 10 – Big Data
- Big Data in Business Intelligence and Business Analytics
- Big Data technologies – Hadoop
Data science and data analytics is booming world-wide as businesses come up to speed with data being the foundational driver of the digital age. Consequently, there are massive amounts of data amassing every minute and skilled data analytics professionals are in high demand across all industries globally. Most importantly, the demand for data analysts comes from the struggle to find increasingly skilled professionals who can extract useful insights and business value from data. Therefore, this course will propel you to the forefront by providing knowledge and experience in this rapidly growing area.
You can start your career in data analytics or data science by working through data visualisation, data cleaning and data design topics.
Choose your preferred date to make a booking on Data Analytics & Business Intelligence
|May 30-31||Aug 5-6||July 18-19||Jul 4-5|
|Aug 29-30||Dec 5-6||Oct 22-23||Sept 23-24|
If the link for your preferred date is disabled, registrations for the course are closed. Please contact us for options.
We train professionals from these Australian organisations and more: