Duration: 2-days | Instructor-Led | Course Fee: $1,680 + GST
Join this intensive Data Analytics & Business Intelligence course and make strides in your career by upskilling with one of the most in-demand skill sets in 2021.
Organisations are now developing strategies to understand and analyse their data to present information to help executives, managers and end users to make informed business decisions.
In this course, you will discover some of the Data Analytics / Business Intelligence technologies and techniques used in organisations to support a wide range of business decisions ranging from operational to strategic.
This is a hands-on course where you practice using some BI tools to access, develop, analyse and report on internal and external data sets.
With strong focus on practicality, the group size is limited to 12 and you will be guided by 1 to 2 instructors, each having 15 – 25+ years’ experience. With the small group size you may be guided a bit more closely or you may be given more challenging tasks depending on your level of experience.
This Data Analytics course is suitable for:
- Professionals who need to work with and understand data within the context of their organisation.
- Business Analysts (or other similar roles) who are looking to specialise / transition into the Data Analytics / Business Intelligence field.
- Business professionals who work with Data Analysts and would like further clarity on data analytics concepts.
- People who are interested in Business Intelligence and Data Analytics but do not come from a technical background.
This Data Analytics & Business Intelligence course addresses the needs of professionals who want an overview of data analytics and business intelligence as well as developing usable skills applicable to the everyday work environment. Moreover, you will learn methods for manipulating and analysing data sets with modern tools (e.g.: Tableau, Power BI), making it relevant to business professionals who want to use business intelligence to support informed business decisions.
Business Intelligence comprises the strategies and technologies used by enterprises for the data analysis of business information to allow managers to make effective decisions.
In this Data Analytics & Business Intelligence course you will learn:
- How data drives Business Intelligence solutions
- How to use BI tools (such as Tableau or Power BI) to provide an information visualisation platform to your organisation
- Data modelling for Data Analytics and Business Intelligence solutions
- Understand the Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) process for a Data Warehouse
- Discern and develop data quality and data cleaning strategies
- Understand data architecture – data warehouses and data marts
- Interpret and develop Dimensional Modelling techniques and approaches
- Understand data visualisation techniques and approaches
- Understand the basic concept of Big Data.
This is a practical short course that will walk you through real-world scenarios and get you practicing data cleaning and analysing during the course.
You will develop the skills to collect, use and transform data into information. This information can help you make strategic decisions whilst weighing risk in business and you will walk away with a diverse set of skills which can be applied to various business and technology problems.
The ability to work with data for organising, analysing and interpreting information will make you invaluable to government and businesses organisations in Australia.
Above all, it is our aim to instill the confidence in your new skills to be able to immediately apply your knowledge in the workplace.
💡 The emphasis of the course is not on how to use a particular tool, but rather on how to understand data. It is more about exploring what questions can be asked for different types of data to extract useful information, rather than how to use a particular tool to get to an answer.
Module 1 – Overview
- The Road to Business Intelligence and Data Analytics
- Getting Started Using Tableau
Module 2 – Design of Transaction Processing Systems and Their Data
- Transactions, Database and Database Management System
- ACID Properties
Module 3 – Modelling for Business Intelligence and Data Analytics
- Conceptual and Logical Model
- ER (Entity Relationship) Modelling
Module 4 – Relational Model
- Simple Relational Model
- Physical Table Model
Module 5 – The Demand for Analytical Process
- Information Types, Levels, Formats and Granularity
- The Data Warehouse Approach and Architecture
- Multi-dimensional Data Models
Module 6 – Dimensional Modelling
- Facts, Dimensions and Hierarchies
- Star and Snowflake Schemas
- Summary Tables
- Aggregating Data using SQL
Module 7 – Dimension Dynamics
Module 8 – ETL (Extract, Transform and Load)
- The ETL Process and Cycle
- Data Validation
- Data Cleaning, Error Tracking, Data Quality Problems
- Data Auditing
- Data Publishing
Module 9 – Business Intelligence and Business Analytics
- Business Intelligence vs Business Analytics
- Software and Tools for BI / BA
Module 10 – Big Data
- Big Data in Business Intelligence and Business Analytics
Data analytics is booming world-wide as businesses come up to speed with data being the foundational driver of the digital age. Consequently, there are massive amounts of data amassing every minute and skilled data analytics / Business Intelligence professionals are in high demand across all industries globally. Most importantly, the demand for data analysts comes from the struggle to find increasingly skilled professionals who can extract useful insights and business value from data. This course will propel you to the forefront by providing knowledge and experience in this rapidly growing area.
“It was very interesting and really took you through the process from start to finish.“ – Business Analyst, Australian Electoral Commission
“Engaging, relatable to my role. Can apply the skills & knowledge to my role.” – Data Analyst, Energy Queensland Limited
“Very pragmatic approach. Very experienced instructor.” – Enterprise Architect – Victorian Managed Insurance Authority
“Enjoyable & interesting course. Plenty of knowledge passed on by instructor.” – Marketing Analyst, CSG Limited
“It’s a good course suitable for a good range of audiences.” – Research & Evaluation Officer – Latrobe Community Health Service
“Can see practical applications from this course to work & even home life. Good information to develop business case to bring organisations into the 21 century!!” – General Manager – RHealth Limited
To support the social distancing measures currently in place due to the COVID-19 pandemic, you can now attend this course remotely.
The course will still be practical, interactive and delivered live by senior instructors with 15 – 25+ years’ experience with the skills to make the intensive learning experience interesting and enjoyable.
Various additional measures to maximise the remote training experience have also been experimented, planned and incorporated. Find out more about practical training delivered remotely (live).
COURSE DATES & BOOKINGS
|Anywhere - Remote Delivery||27 - 28 October 2021|
|Group Booking - Remote Delivery||Flexible Dates & Hours|
|Your Office - In Person||Flexible Dates & Hours|
|Adelaide||Select one of the options above|
|Brisbane||Select one of the options above|
|Canberra||Select one of the options above|
|Melbourne||Select one of the options above|
|Perth||Select one of the options above|
|Sydney||Select one of the options above|
Course hours during daylight saving time (3 October 2021 – 3 April 2022):
- AEDT: 9:00am – 5:00pm (ACT, NSW, TAS, VIC)
- ACDT: 8:30am – 4:30pm (SA)
- AEST: 8:00am – 4:00pm (QLD)
- ACST: 7:30am – 3:30pm (NT)
- AWST: 6:00am – 2:00pm (WA)
Course hours during standard time: 9:00am – 5:00pm AEST.
For other locations or time zones, Convert to your time zone.
We train professionals from these Australian organisations and more: