Duration: 3-days | Price: $1,810 + GST
New in 2018, the IIBA® ECBA™+ Practicum provides you with the ability to demonstrate business analysis proficiency in the tasks expected to perform within the first year of employment.
Training is highly interactive and includes hands-on exercises. You will gain practical awareness of business analysis tasks by developing basic deliverables.
Successful completion of the training provides individuals joining the workforce greater confidence in their ability to perform the job.
This course is run by a CBAP®-certified professional who will assess how well the participants apply their newly-learned knowledge in the practical activities during the course. Participants who demonstrate satisfactory level of skills will be awarded the ECBA™+ certification through the IIBA®.
2 path ways to acquire the ECBA™+ Practicum certification:
- Complete 21 Professional Development Hours (PD Hours)
- You can do this by attending one or more IIBA® endorsed courses.
- Pass the ECBA™ (theoretical) online exam
- You now get the ECBA™ certification
- Attend and successfully participate in this ECBA™+ Practicum course
- You now also get the ECBA™+ certification
Option 2 (shortcut)
- Attend and successfully participate in this ECBA™+ (Practicum) course
- You will acquire 21 PD Hours by attending this course
- Pass the ECBA™ online exam
- You get both the ECBA™ and ECBA™+ certifications
This IIBA® ECBA™+ certification course is suitable for:
- New Business Analysts with 0-2 years experience.
- People who are switching roles to become a Business Analyst
There is no prerequisite to attend this course, however, in order to receive your ECBA™+ (practicum) certification, you must first get your ECBA™ certification (refer to the ‘Certification Process’ section above).
In this certification course you will learn and practice:
- Business Rules Analysis
- Data Flow Diagrams
- Document Analysis
- Glossary and Data Dictionary
- Process Analysis & Modelling (SIPOC, Activity Diagram)
- Reviews (Lessons Learned, Requirements Approval)
- Stakeholder Analysis (Lists, Maps, Personas)
- Use Cases & Scenarios
- User Stories
Module 1: Improve Business Analysis Performance
Module 2: Engage Stakeholders
Module 3: Validate Help Desk Reports
- Analyse Current State
- Define Future State
Module 4: TheAgile Mindset
Module 5: Confirm Stakeholder Needs
- Assess Solution Limitations
- Assess Enterprise Limitations
Module 6: Explore Supply-chain Relationships
- Define Requirements Architecture
- Specify and Model Requirements
Module 7: Clarify Business Operations
- Verify Requirements
- Validate Requirements
Module 8: Manage Business Terms and Data Elements
- Plan Business Analysis Information Management
- Trace Requirements
Module 9: Follow the Data
Module 10: Narrow Scope and Strategy for Change
- Define Change Strategy
- Analyse Potential Value and Recommend Solution
Module 11: Outline User Interactions
Module 12: Align Solution Components with Desired Outcomes
- You get the ECBA™ certification by passing an online exam (theory based)
- You get the ECBA™+ certification by demonstrating your ability to apply the topics covered in the ECBA™ exam in practical work scenario
There is no separate ECBA™+ exam. However, in order to receive your ECBA™+ certification you must be ECBA™ certified. See the Certification Process section above.
No. In fact, you can attend this course to satisfy the 21 Professional Development Hours prerequisite to sit on the ECBA™ exam. See “Option 2 (shortcut)” under the Certification Process section above.
Click / tap on your preferred date below to make a booking on IIBA® ECBA™+ Certification Course
(If the link for your preferred date below is disabled, there are no places available – contact us for options)
|Mar 13-15||Jan 21-23||Feb 25-27||Feb 6-8|
|June 19-21||Mar 27-29||May 15-17||Apr 3-5|
|Jun 26-28||Aug 19-21|
We can also run this course in-house on your premises with flexible dates.