Duration: 3 days | Instructor-Led | Course Fee: $2,150 + GST
Program ID: E018-002 | PD Hours/CDU:21
On this Business Requirements Elicitation course you will learn and practice the techniques to deal with some common problems when eliciting requirements:
- Jumping to solutions
- Ambiguous communication resulting in ambiguous requirements
- Conflicting priorities
- Ill-defined scope (scope creep)
- Limited time to elicit requirements from busy stakeholders
- Lack of understanding in Non-Functional Requirements (NFR)
- Managing changes to requirements.
In the requirements elicitation exercises you will be presented with realistic scenarios and given the opportunity to practice how you would respond in such situations. You will work with a senior instructor and a small sub-group of 2 to 4 people where you can share your ideas for future improvement in a professional, respectful and non-judgmental way.
You will also learn and practice proven skills in requirements identification and analysis (with emphasis on Non-Functional Requirements), requirements quality check and stakeholder analysis.
To support the social distancing measures currently in place due to the COVID-19 pandemic, you can now attend this course remotely via Zoom.
The course will still be practical, interactive and delivered live by senior instructors with 15 – 25+ years’ experience with the skills to make the intensive learning experience interesting and enjoyable.
Various additional measures to maximise the remote training experience have also been experimented, planned and incorporated. Find out more about practical training delivered remotely (live).
Requirements elicitation is one of the fundamental skills in business analysis.
This course is suitable for new Business Analysts, experienced Business Analysts who are looking to brush up on their soft skills and professionals in other roles who are involved in requirements elicitation.
- scope a project, define business objectives and constraints
- understand the different requirements elicitation strategies
- plan and conduct stakeholder interviews
- understand how modelling techniques can be used
- establish functional and non-functional requirements
- analyse and validate business requirements
- establish measures for non-functional requirements
- differentiate between requirements and solutions
- present recommendations to stakeholders
- Requirements elicitation overview
- Project kick-off
- Planning the strategy
- Initial information gathering
- Functional and non-functional requirements
- Technical and business constraints
- The detailed requirements
- Verifying requirements
- Prioritising requirements
- Quantifying non-functional requirements
- Critical requirements analysis
- Modelling tools and techniques
- The quality baseline
- Managing requirements issues
- Presenting recommendations
- Obtaining agreement
This Business Requirements Elicitation course conforms to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK®) v3 and is endorsed by the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA®). Upon completion of this course you will receive a Certificate of Completion, certifying you of having completed 21 Professional Development Hours (PD Hours).
For more information about PD Hours and certification, refer to our Business Analyst Certification page.
“Very relevant, will assist me in my everyday job” Business Analyst, Centrelink
“Great material – worthwhile for all levels of experience” Business Analyst, Macquarie Group
“Excellent templates/samples to take back to the work place” Business Analyst, ATO
“Very practical course, highly applicable to my current job” Business Analyst, Commonwealth Bank
“Full of useful material. Not a dull moment” Senior Analyst, Department of Justice
“Practical course, will leave a lasting impression” Associate Business Analyst, ING
“Enabled me to place my current role on major projects into context” Business Analyst, Victoria Police
COURSE DATES & BOOKINGS
|Anywhere - Remote Delivery||14 - 16 July 2021|
|Group Booking - Remote Delivery||Flexible Dates & Hours|
|Your Office - In Person||Flexible Dates & Hours|
|Adelaide||Select one of the options above|
|Brisbane||Select one of the options above|
|Canberra||Select one of the options above|
|Melbourne||Select one of the options above|
|Perth||Select one of the options above|
|Sydney||Select one of the options above|
Course hours during standard time (5 April – 3 October 2021):
- AEST: 9:00am – 5:00pm (ACT, NSW, QLD, TAS, VIC)
- ACST: 8:30am – 4:30pm (NT, SA)
- AWST: 7:00am – 3:00pm (WA)
Course hours during daylight saving time: 9:00am – 5:00pm AEDT.
Other locations / time zones? Convert to your time zone.
We train professionals from these Australian organisations and more: