SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager 4.6 Course
Duration: 2 days
Delivering value through effective Program Increment execution
With SAFe® 4 Product Owner/Product Manager Certification
Based on version 4.6 of SAFe®
Develop the skill sets needed to guide the delivery of value in a Lean enterprise—and learn about the activities, tools and mechanics used to manage backlogs and programs—by becoming a SAFe® 4 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM). During this two-day course, attendees will gain an in-depth understanding of the Agile Release Train (ART), how it delivers value and what they can do to effectively perform their role.
They will also learn how to apply Lean thinking to write Epics, break them down into Features and Stories, plan and execute Iterations, and plan Program Increments. Finally, attendees learn about the Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture, how to effectively integrate as Product Owners and Product Managers, and what it takes to relentlessly improve the ART.
[expand title=”Is This the Right Course for You?”]
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Product Managers, Product Line Managers, Product Owners, Business Owners and Business Analysts
- Solution Managers, Portfolio Managers, Program Managers, PMO personnel and Process Leads
- Enterprise, Solution and System Architects
[expand title=”Topics Covered”]
- Applying SAFe® in the Lean enterprise
- Relating a Lean-Agile Mindset to the Product Owner and Product Manager roles
- Collaborating with Lean Portfolio Management
- Continuously explore customer needs
- Executing the Program Increment
- Defining the Product Owner/Product Manager roles and responsibilities
- Creating a Product Owner/Product Manager action plan.
[expand title=”Learning Goals”]
To perform the role of a SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager, attendees should be able to:
- Apply SAFe® in the Lean enterprise
- Connect SAFe® Lean-Agile principles and values to the PO/PM roles
- Collaborate with Lean Portfolio Management
- Explore continuous value with Program Increment Planning
- Execute the Program Increment and deliver continuous value
- Articulate the Product Owner and Product Manager roles
- Create a role action plan
[expand title=”What Attendees Get”]
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 4 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe® Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 4 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM) certification exam:
- Attend a Leading SAFe® course
- Experience working in a SAFe® environment
- Experience with Lean, Agile, or other relevant certifications
[expand title=”Exam Details”]
|Exam Name:||SAFe® 4 Product Owner/Product Manager Exam|
|Delivery:||Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed|
|Access:||Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe® Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe® 4 Product Owner/Product Manager course|
|Duration:||Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam|
|Number of Questions:||45|
|Passing Score:||35 out of 45 (77% passing score)|
[expand title=”Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)”]
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
[expand title=”Related Courses”]
[expand title=”Course Dates & Bookings” id=”booking” expanded=”true”]
Choose your preferred date to make a booking
|Contact Us||Contact Us||Contact Us||Contact Us|
If the link for your preferred date is disabled, registrations are closed. Please contact us for options.