SAFe® Scrum Master Certification Course
Duration: 2 days | Cost: $1,400 + GST (exam fee included)
Applying the Scrum Master role within a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) enterprise
With SAFe® 4 Scrum Master Certification
Based on version 4.5 of SAFe
In this two-day Scrum Master certification course, attendees will gain an understanding of the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe enterprise. Unlike traditional Scrum Master training that focuses on the fundamentals of team-level Scrum, the SAFe 4.0 Scrum Master certification course explores the role of Scrum in the context of the entire enterprise, and prepares individuals to successfully plan and execute the Program Increment (PI), the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization.
Attendees learn the key components of Scaled Agile development, how Scrum is facilitated throughout the enterprise, and how to execute iteration planning. They’ll also discover how to build high performing Agile teams by becoming a servant leader and coach, and how to coach those teams to deliver the maximum business value that is achievable through SAFe. The SAFe Scrum Master certification (SSM) signifies that attendees are prepared to perform the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe environment, increasing their value to teams and organizations that are implementing SAFe.
Is This the Right Course for You? ...
Is This the Right Course for You?
- New or existing Scrum Masters
- Team Leads
- Release Train Engineers
Topics Covered ...
- Identify the key components of Agile development
- Identify the key elements of Scrum
- Explore Scrum in the context of a SAFe enterprise
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of the Scrum Master
- Identify the characteristics of an effective Scrum Master
- Experience PI planning and explore how to facilitate this event
- Experience a complete iteration
- Explore how to facilitate iteration planning, backlog refinement, team and system demos, and the iteration retrospective
- Identify ways to track iteration progress and foster collaboration and synchronization between the teams in the program
- Explore improvement at the Program level with the Inspect and Adapt workshop
- Identify the characteristics of a servant leader
- Experience coaching with powerful questions
- Identify ways to facilitate better meetings, foster team member collaboration, and manage conflicts
Scrum Master Learning Goals ...
Scrum Master Learning Goals
- Describe Scrum in a SAFe Enterprise
- Perform the role of the Scrum Master in SAFe
- Facilitate Iteration Planning and effective Iteration Execution
- Support effective Program Increment execution
- Build high performing teams by becoming a servant leader and coach
What Attendees Get ...
What Attendees Get
- Printed workbooks
- PDF workbooks
- Course certificate
- Eligibility to take the SAFe® Scrum Master (SSM) certification exam
Attendees who pass the exam will receive:
- A SAFe Scrum Master certificate
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Scrum Master
- A SAFe Scrum Master branding kit with the SSM certification mark
- SAFe 4 Scrum Master digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs) ...
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
Exam Details ...
- Format: Multiple choice
- Exam Name: SAFe® 4 Scrum Master Exam (fee included)
- Delivery: Web-based; open book
- Access: First attempt free within 30 days from course completion date
- Duration: Candidates have 30 days from course completion date to answer all questions and submit their exam
- Number of Questions: 43
- Passing Score: 31 (72%)
- Sample Test Questions
Course Dates & Bookings ...
Course Dates & Bookings
Click / tap on your preferred date below to make a booking
(If the link for your preferred date below is disabled, there are no places available – contact us for options)
|2017||Contact Us||Contact Us||Contact Us||Contact Us||Contact Us||Contact Us|
|2018||Feb 17-18||Feb 24-25||Mar 3-4||Contact Us||Contact Us||Contact Us|