Duration: 3 days | Course Fee: $2,150 + GST
Program ID: E018-002 | PD Hours/CDU:21
Effective business / organisational Requirements Elicitation is an important part of any project and is also an essential part of the business analysis discipline. This course overviews the process and techniques of requirements elicitation / gathering, requirements analysis, identifying functional and non functional requirements and creating business requirements documents.
Tools and techniques covered in this course include:
- Interviewing stakeholders
- Stakeholder management
- Use Cases
- User Stories
- State Transition Diagrams
- Mind Map
- Critical Requirements Analysis
Teamwork and learning by doing is a major focus of the course. You will work as part of a team to learn and employ a range of proven skills and techniques to define and develop business requirements documents as a part of an extensive and challenging case study.
To support the social distancing measures currently in place due to the COVID-19 pandemic, you can now attend this course remotely via Zoom.
The course will still be practical, interactive and delivered live by senior instructors with 15 – 25+ years’ experience with the skills to make the intensive learning experience interesting and enjoyable.
Various additional measures to maximise the remote training experience have also been experimented, planned and incorporated. Find out more about practical training delivered remotely (live).
Both new and experienced analysts will leave the course with skills, tools and methodologies that can be used on a variety of different projects and with a variety of methodologies.
If you are new to business analysis, this course will give you a solid grounding in the fundamentals of the requirements gathering and elicitation process.
If you are an experienced business analyst or systems analyst who has learned on-the-job, you will be able to formalise the skills and techniques you have picked up in the workplace.
In this workshop you’ll have the opportunity to plan and conduct your own interviews, and also learn from others as they do the same. You’ll also practise your interaction skills as your team validates and verifies the information you’ve gathered.
Then it’s time to deliver your recommendation. We’ll show you a proven framework for logically presenting information and you’ll get to practise your presentation skills. You’ll also take away some tips and techniques for speaking to groups.
The IIBA® has identified communications skills as one of the top 3 business analysis competencies and most job descriptions give communications skills a high priority – how good are yours?
- scope a project, define business objectives and constraints
- understand the different requirements elicitation strategies
- plan and conduct stakeholder interviews
- write a Terms of Reference (Project Charter)
- understand how modelling techniques can be used
- establish functional and non-functional requirements
- analyse and validate business requirements
- establish measures for non-functional requirements
- differentiate between requirements and solutions
- present recommendations to stakeholders
- Requirements elicitation overview
- Project kick-off
- Planning the strategy
- Initial information gathering
- Functional and non-functional requirements
- Technical and business constraints
- The detailed requirements
- Verifying requirements
- Prioritising requirements
- Quantifying non-functional requirements
- Critical requirements analysis
- Modelling tools and techniques
- The quality baseline
- Managing requirements issues
- Presenting recommendations
- Obtaining agreement
This Business Requirements Elicitation course conforms to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK®) v3 and is endorsed by the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA®). Upon completion of this course you will receive a Certificate of Completion, certifying you of having completed 21 Professional Development Hours (PD Hours).
For more information about PD Hours and certification, refer to our Business Analyst Certification page.
“Very relevant, will assist me in my everyday job” Business Analyst, Centrelink
“Great material – worthwhile for all levels of experience” Business Analyst, Macquarie Group
“Excellent templates/samples to take back to the work place” Business Analyst, ATO
“Very practical course, highly applicable to my current job” Business Analyst, Commonwealth Bank
“Full of useful material. Not a dull moment” Senior Analyst, Department of Justice
“Practical course, will leave a lasting impression” Associate Business Analyst, ING
“Enabled me to place my current role on major projects into context” Business Analyst, Victoria Police
COURSE DATES & BOOKINGS
|Remote Delivery||5 - 7 August 2020||Open|
|Group Booking||Flexible Dates & Hours||Open|
Course hours in Australian time zones:
- AEST: 9:00am – 5:00pm (ACT, NSW, QLD, TAS, VIC)
- ACST: 8:30am – 4:30pm (NT, SA)
- AWST: 7:00am – 3:00pm (WA)
Other locations / time zones? Convert to your time zone.
We train professionals from these Australian organisations and more: